Projects Abroad Conservation Programme:
Conservation in the Galapagos IslandsRead Itinerary
Option 1: 26 April – 2 May 2024
Option 2: 12 May – 18 May 2024
(We will require a £195 deposit to reserve your place on the programme)
Accommodation: Shared volunteer house on the eco-reserve
Register your Interest
Enter your details below to register your interest in this trip.
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Centre
- Care for the iconic Galapagos giant tortoise
- Survey other species, like sea lions & petrels
- Work alongside park rangers to maintain the national park
- Facilitate the restoration of natural habitats
- Take a 2 day tour of Santa Cruz Island
Join our Conservation Programme
Inspired by the young Darwin Leaders travelling the world in the name of conservation and research, we are offering you the opportunity to join our Conservation Programme in the Galapagos Islands.
Join the Darwin200 voyage as a sailor, step onto the sandy beaches of the Galapagos Islands and explore the unique flora, fauna and wildlife, just as Charles Darwin did almost 200 years ago.
- Make a positive, lasting impact and work alongside expert conservationists to protect the wildlife of this beautiful location
- Stay in San Cristobal – the first island Darwin explored in the Galapagos during his impressive 5-year expedition
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Centre and learn about its foundations contributions to the Galapagos Islands and current scientific projects
WHO WE ARE
We are Projects Abroad – global leaders in responsible travel for over 30 years. During this time we’ve helped over 130,000 volunteers broaden their horizons through immersive experiences abroad. We believe there’s a better way to travel, one that’s both authentic and sustainable.
WHAT WE DO
We specialise in impact-driven trips in Africa, Asia, The South Pacific, and Latin America & The Caribbean. Designed for the natural adventurer, our programmes create unique experiences through cultural immersion and volunteering. With us, travellers can see countries in their most genuine state, making for a truly memorable journey.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- 24/7 support from experienced, reliable staff
- Fully risk-assessed projects
- Accreditation from leading bodies including the Expedition Providers Association, the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge, and British Standard 8848
- Ground Transportation
- Food & Drink
- 24/7 support from our staff
- Project materials
- Conservation Expert
- Sightseeing and activities
- Pre-departure support
- Visa support
- Travel vaccines
- Travel and Medical Insurance
“They explained all the activities and pointed out the relevance of these projects in protecting and monitoring the unique species of the Galápagos. It is inspiring to know that Projects Abroad is making a real and concrete difference in such an extraordinary ecosystem, as well as how they are helping the development of the community as a whole on the island.”
— Bianca R
If you like the sound of our Conservation Programme in the Galapagos, register your interest today.
Anyone inspired by Darwin200 is welcome to join our Conservation Programme!
If you’d like to know about any of our other projects, please get in touch, we’d be happy to help.