Projects Abroad Conservation Programme:
Conservation in PeruRead Itinerary
Project Date: 24 – 30 March 2024
(We will require a £195 deposit to reserve your place on the programme)
Accommodation: Shared bungalow on the eco-reserve
Register your Interest
Enter your details below to register your interest in this trip.
- Work at the Taricaya Ecological Reserve
- Clean and prepare artificial beaches for baby turtles to safely hatch
- Conduct wildlife surveys to help us keep track of animals in the area
- Tend crops like bananas, avocados and chillies on a pilot farm
- Assist with the animal rescue, rehabilitation and release programme
- Live at a camp in the heart of the jungle
- Explore the rainforest by foot, on the river, or on the highest canopy walkway in South America
Join our Conservation Programme
Inspired by the young Darwin Leaders travelling the world in the name of conservation and research, we are offering you the opportunity to join our Conservation Programme in Peru.
Join the Darwin200 voyage as a sailor and take in the breath-taking Peruvian landscapes.
WHO WE ARE
We are Projects Abroad – global leaders in responsible travel for over 30 years. During this time we’ve helped over 130,000 volunteers broaden their horizons through immersive experiences abroad. We believe there’s a better way to travel, one that’s both authentic and sustainable.
WHAT WE DO
We specialise in impact-driven trips in Africa, Asia, The South Pacific, and Latin America & The Caribbean. Designed for the natural adventurer, our programmes create unique experiences through cultural immersion and volunteering. With us, travellers can see countries in their most genuine state, making for a truly memorable journey.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- 24/7 support from experienced, reliable staff
- Fully risk-assessed projects
- Accreditation from leading bodies including the Expedition Providers Association, the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge, and British Standard 8848
- Ground Transportation
- Food & Drink
- Travel and Medical Insurance
- 24/7 support from our staff
- Project materials
- Conservation Expert
- Sightseeing and activities
- Pre-departure support
- Visa support
- Travel vaccines
“Each day held new excursions, including many activities such as animal feeding, trail clearing, bird watching, turtle rescuing, butterfly catching, fruit collecting, cage making – and the list goes on! All of the activities we participated in took place within the jungle and contributed to the bigger picture of conserving this majestic environment that few people have ever experienced.”
— Caitlin K
If you like the sound of our Conservation Programme in Peru, register your interest today.
Anyone inspired by Darwin200 is welcome to join our Conservation Programme!
If you’d like to know about any of our other projects, please get in touch, we’d be happy to help.